WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM SHP AND THE program
Our hope and expectations are to help you modify your eating, exercising and lifestyle habits, so you can find a sustainable solution in becoming a healthier, leaner and happier YOU. Please understand that there are NO GUARANTEES, and that YOU HAVE TO MAKE THE CHANGE. However, if you follow our advice and commit to the program we are sure you’ll be amazed with the results you’ll achieve.
Everybody has a unique physiology, metabolism, background and lifestyle so it is impossible to foresee the exact outcome. In our individual consultations we will assess your lifestyle and current conditions to identify any limiting factors and with the help of our partners find a bespoke plan for your project. To aid us you will be requested to have your blood physiology analyzed by a medical professional at 3 points during the program, indicating health improvements and giving us further direction for your progress.
We also want to educate you throughout the program, aiding you in making the best decisions for your health and wellbeing for the rest of your life. Each month there will be a seminar on a health & fitness related topic to help you understand the WHY’s and the HOW’s behind healthy living and how to find a sustainable solution for your own lifestyle.
Due to the time we are committing to this program we are limiting participation to 40 participants. To secure your place on the program contact us now. If you leave it for too long you may have to wait until intake next year
TEAM SUPPORT AND FRIENDLY COMPETITION
During your project you will be allocated the Pink, female team or the Blue, male team. Each has their respective Team Coaches.
You will conduct the majority of your training sessions with your team and the occasional friendly competition for fun and motivation. Your trainers and teammates will help create a supportive network during the weekly sessions as well as in the private Facebook group (accessible only to the participants of the program). You should never feel like you are by yourself and you will also be part of a network of participants keeping each other accountable for sticking to the program.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM THE PARTICIPANTS
- 100% transparency and honesty.
- 100% willingness to adhere to the program. This means taking necessary measures to follow the training, dietary and supplementary program as greed with your responsible trainer.
- The 3 sessions with your trainer and 1 seminar a month are mandatory and you will be expected to undertake additional exercise as your fitness levels progress.
- To your best ability follow the lifestyle guidelines in the program, i.e. sleeping and stress management.
- You must also be committed to changing you lifestyle and eating habits. We will guide you throughout this process thoroughly but you must have the motivation to see these changes through.
- Provide SHP with documentation of progress and experience before, during and after the program. I.E. Pictures, “vlogs”, text etc, of which SHP will be permitted to use in various marketing campaigns (social media, website, editorials etc).
- A lot of hard work and limited amounts of whining.
- ALL pain or injuries to be reported to SHP.
- First blood draw and testing
- Program introduction and lecture on “The theory behind the program. Why, how and other interesting facts”
- Measurements: Weight and Girth
- Grocery list & kitchen makeover
- Nutrition questionnaire
- Program Manual presentation
- Security deposit collection
- Intro to social commitment tool, iCommit
- What is in food: Macro & Micro-Nutrients
- Food Labels
- Omega 3 & Vitamin D intake
- How much to eat (palm/fist system)
- What is hunger (distinguishing from brain hunger and actual hunger)
- Taste bud adjustment (3-6 weeks to become accustomed to unrefined diet)
- Hydration (preparation for outdoor training)
- Eating out: how to avoid over eating
- Meal preparation: meal examples and cooking/preparation tips
Functional Medicine Doctor
Blood draw and retest before Christmas
- Balancing Stress (work, life, training)
- Nutrition for recovery
- Christmas eating patterns
- Exercising over Christmas (if out of Dubai)
- Overview of hormones involved in weight gain
- Stubborn fat: why some fat just won’t move
- Energy intake/balance
- Avoiding energy fluctuations while dieting
- Technique: compound lift workshop
- Cardio recommendations
- Incorporating hobbies/sports
- Flexible dieting
- How to increase food intake without re-gaining fat
- Simplified and consistent food tracking
- Incorporating treats/special occasions
- Recap of the main topics covered over the previous 8 months
- Final blood draw and testing
- Voting for project winner
- Blood testing results and comparison
- Winner presentation
- Evening Meal