- Use POLICE immediately when an injury occurs.
- Continue to use compression and elevation for 48 hours after an injury.
- Mobilize! Active, non-weight bearing movements help to reduce pain and swelling.
- See a physiotherapist to get guidance, manual treatment and a rehabilitation program that will increase your strength, balance and control of the foot.
- Continue with your gradual, progressed rehabilitation programs until you recover full function and trust in the foot in all your daily and sporting activities.
Scandinavian Health and Performance will help you get back on track. See one of our competent physiotherapists if there is anything stopping YOU from being at your 100%.
For more information and advice, contact Lene Eide at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference: Cleland et al 2013: http://www.jospt.org/doi/abs/10.2519/jospt.2013.4792?code=jospt-site