The most powerful currency in the world is between your ears.
Our brain is like any other fatigable muscle in our body meaning we’re given a limited amount of mental power daily. We are exposed to endless options throughout the day, all of which need decisions. Excessive choice has degraded our ability to make good decisions and exercise self-control. Combining daily business decisions with deciding what, when or how to eat and exercise for fat-loss adds to decision fatigue, at this juncture nutrition and exercise are the first aspects neglected.
Fast decisions conserve attention, therefore, automating processes with rules during the workweek can preserve mental capacity. Try these rules for your diet:
- 2-3 choices per meal during the workweek.
- Protein, vegetables and healthy fat in each meal.
- Post-workout meals can contain root vegetables or rice.
- No alcohol consumption during the workweek.
- 1-2 small glasses of wine and more food variety at the weekend.
- 3 x 45-60 minutes resistance training sessions/week.
- 20-30 minutes walk/cardio on other days.
- On your phone, on your feet. Standing when making calls can considerably increase calories burnt over the week.
You wouldn’t swap enjoyment for results in the business world, thus, don’t confuse results and enjoyment driven habits if fat-loss is your goal.